Monday, May 6, 2013

Ooops!  I forgot to mention the coach problem which began developing today:  After about 250 miles, shortly after filling with Pilot gas, the engine began to stumble and finally died.  A few seconds after I switched to the Aux tank, it recovered and ran fine.  Trying the Main again a couple of times resulted in the engine dying again as soon as it emptied the surge tank.  I'm pretty sure the Main's Carter 4070 has died because the fuel pressure dropped from 18 psi to 2 psi during the events.  I'm hoping it's only a clogged filter, but I wouldn't expect it to develop such an acute problem so quickly from that.  It's NOT tank socks nor selector valve 'cause I don't have those.  I'll find some place tomorrow better than Sam's parking lot to work on it.  As long as I fill up every 200 miles, we can run indefinitely like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment